Did you know Spammers can easily send Emails to anybody impersonating your Domain name?
Over 82% Business enterprises worldwide ,fall prey to such domain phishing crimes by Cyber Criminals leading to enormous irrevocable financial loss & more so jeopardising the Brand’s repute heavily.
We help several Business Enterprises deal with such the domain phishing perils, with the preventive or corrective security measures they should undertaking. Primarily, SPF & DKIM were the two independent technologies that were adopted to safeguard their Domains from Malware & Phishing. However, DMARC as the latest foolproof security mechanism was able to combine both SPF & DKIM results to combat domain phishing in a more sophisticated & targeted manner.
DMARC is a powerful tool that helps your Organization :
- Obtain complete clarity and control over all your email channels.
- Authenticate and improve the deliverability of your emails.
- Block inbound attacks and safeguard your brand name.
- Publish an efficient policy that instructs ISP’s to deliver or delete emails
For a better understanding of DMARC & how it can stop Cyber Criminals from impersonating your Organisation’s domain view our exclusive video.
Make your Domain a ‘NO Phishing Zone’
With more than 18 Years of experience in Enterprise Email & Email Security Logix is well positioned with its experts to discover, interpret, assess and analyze your DMARC compliance. Furthermore, the Logix team will handhold you through a well defined action plan to achieve maximum compliance for your organization.
The reporting and data received after implementing DMARC can be difficult to interpret. After implementing DMARC, organizations will begin to receive raw data with many potential insights into their email traffic. Having the capacity and expertise to transform this data into meaningful information can be an issue. Fortunately, if senders are willing to invest, this can be solved with managed services, who can take the data and turn it into actionable insights for senders.
- These servers/IP’s can be identified and SPF appropriately updated.
- All servers including the corporate email system will have to pass through Common email gateway which enforces DKIM.
DMARC brings these two mechanisms together in a powerful manner by allowing senders to specify a policy that tells receivers what to do with email messages that fail to pass SPF and/or DKIM validation. DMARC also enables senders to receive data back from receivers, providing insight into fraudulent email patterns. Before DMARC, there was not an effective feedback channel for failed email, so senders were largely in the dark on email once messages left their servers.
- p=none: Tells the receiver to do nothing to the message except report back to the sender that it failed DMARC validation. Basically, the sender tells the receiver to deliver the message but lets the sender know why it failed DMARC validation.
- p=quarantine: Tells the receiver to treat the message as spam, results in delivery of the message to the recipients’ junk/spam folder, and then tells the receiver to report back on why the message failed validation.
- p=reject: Tells the receiver to block the message and report back on why the message failed validation.
Logix handholds the customer to point that customer can take decision to change DMARC Configuration to p=reject.
Key features of DMARC Monitor
- Basic compliance checks and reports
- Advisory services to ensure compliance and effective anti-phishing.