Important tips for Securing your mobile workforce
As we are aware the mobile workforce checks corporate email on a personal device, and browse the Internet using a corporate laptop while traveling .
Many IT professionals would agree that empowering these mobile workers with the tools they need while ensuring security can be a tough balancing act.
So here are a few important tips to help you secure your mobile workforces :
- Choose a cloud-based security subscription service that offers security software and policy updates anywhere without slowing down users.
Relying on a VPN connection to send security updates or refresh policies will not be fruitful as has your Users are constantly on the road and do not connect to the VPN always, hence choose your cloud based security software properly.
- Take advantage of security software web filtering capabilities that block malicious and web-borne threats before they reach the computer, as well as enforce proper usage policy.
When your mobile workers are on the road, it is expected that they would connect to the free available Wi-Fi to browse the Internet . The key is to keep them protected from web-borne threats. Take advantage of endpoint enforced web protection capabilities built-in to the local security agent. This way, you avoid latency and eliminate the need to backhaul traffic using a VPN connection.
- Select a solution that will protect Windows and Mac computers equally with a single policy.
According to our recent survey, 10% of laptop computers on the corporate network are Macs. To reduce IT’s workload, it is also important to ensure that you can manage both with a single policy engine. This way, you will only have to configure policy once and it works automatically on both Windows and Mac OS X.
- To protect data and ensure compliance, be sure to encrypt data on both Windows and Mac.
80% of corporate computers are un-encrypted. Many mobile workers refuse to get encryption on their laptops out of concerns of slow speeds and longer boot time.
Select an encryption solution that works on both Windows and Mac, and with high performance that won’t slow down your users.
- Select a single solution that gives you visibility into all the devices your remote users are using, including Windows or Mac laptops and mobile devices.
Mobile users today use an average of three devices to get their work done. Ideally, use a solution with a user-centric view, so when you are trouble shooting for a mobile worker, you can easily see the events, devices used and policy applied to the specific individual.
For more information on cloud based end point security, please visit http://logix.in/cloud-end-point-security.php or write to us at email@example.com